Monday, May 2, 2011

Good morning,
Just a quick hello today. Mom has used this blog before to ask for prayer and today that is why I am writing. Yesterday the Lowman ladies went to a Mother/Daughter luncheon. We had a good time and enjoyed being together. On the way home, the girls and I were listening to a favorite CD with a mix of singers and "I can only imagine" by Mercy Me came on.....usually I skip that one. But yesterday we sang at the top of our lungs. It is so beautiful to hear my little girl in the back singing. Tears were streaming down my face to think of Mom in Heaven, but also listening to the voice of Mia singing about Heaven.
Here's where the prayer comes in. Last night I realized how tough this week was going to be for me because Sunday is Mother's Day! Just talk to God to keep me strong, think about memories with Mom and help me to enjoy my little ones this week!!
Thank you!!
Also, I made a new recipe this weekend and I'll share it with you all soon. Peanut Butter Gooey Cake!!!
Love to all, Kurt and Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/02/2011

    Dear Jenn,
    I'm so glad that you had a nice Mother/Daughter luncheon yesterday. I can just see Mia singing at the top of her lungs in the back seat of the car. I can remember her as just a toddler singing in worship. She is a very precious girl.
    I'm continually praying for you each day. Your Mom was great at creating wonderful memories. My prayer is that you remember each one of them and that you will always feel the love she had for you.
    God gives us the stregth that we need for each new day. He will not fail you. Trust in Him. I know you do.
    I heard the the Peanut Butter Gooey Cake was delicious. Can't wait to get the recipe.
    Love you sweetie. Praying for you right now.
    Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/02/2011

    Oh Jenn, you are such a sweet person! A replica of your Mom!!! You are making the same memories for your daughters as your Mom did for you. How special you both are!!! God is with you, there is no doubt about it. You will make it through every day just fine; even though you will have rough days of memories & yearning for your Mom, all of a sudden you will realize tomorrow is here & you made it!!!!!!! I absolutely cannot believe you are posting new recipes - oh my gosh, a clone of Debbie!!!! I love it!!!!! God bless you! Have a blessed week!
    Mary (enjoyed our Giovanni's get together!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jenny,
    I came across this little poem and had to pass it on...
    Never is there justice
    for losing one so dear,
    Yet even though the've gone for now,
    Shared memories keep them near;

    Sometimes there are no answers
    To what you'll want to know,
    No simple rhyme or reason for what
    makes smiles, tears flow;

    Always, though, we've open arms;
    Our love unreserved and true,
    To share your joys, bear your sorrows,
    We're here always just for you.

    Love, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete