Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good morning,
So it's been awhile since I have made a post. Today I thought I would just drop in and say "hello"!! I have been very busy with the end of school, taking my third online class, going to Kurt's art shows, youth group things at church, playing with the girls, spending time with Dad, and other stuff. I have also been trying to sort this all out. Mother's Day was a marking point emotionally for me and I think Dad agrees. I would cry anytime I had time to myself, songs would touch my heart,and thoughts of heaven would overflow my head. For now, I think we are all just busy and going through the motions of life and missing Mom every step of the way. I know some of you have shared with me your times when you think of her or miss her. We still see her in the kitchen (any kitchen, but mostly at home and church), greeting in the foyer, by my Dad's side, sitting in their pew, at family celebrations, in the office at home, calling on the phone, getting an e-mail, and all those times she just listened. On Friday afternoon, I was driving around town and I thought I should call Mom and see if she needs anything (you see my cousin's graduation party was that evening and usually Mom would have been in the kitchen). It's tough to miss someone you love, but we do know that God is in control. We also know that we are not the only ones who have lost a loved one. We think about those of you who have lost someone you loved and how God has worked in your life and how God shines through you even when times were difficult.
Many of you have asked how are we doing. Dad, Kurt, and I have talked about this, our solution is that we are doing alright and we are going to move forward. We have also said that if we pull the covers up over our heads and sulk all day long, not only Mom but God would be so disappointed in our actions. And if it were possible, Mom would come right out of that grave and smack up around. Yes, there are moments of sadness and the support of family and friends is greatly needed, but together we will move on.
Thank you so much for continue to join us and being a part of our lives!!
Love, Kurt, Jenn, Dad, Mia, and Livi

1 comment:

  1. Although I had not seen her a lot in recent years I think the thing I remember the most is her smile. The one that not only said I love you but also said Jesus loves you more.

    Steve L

    ReplyDelete